June 17, 2017

Anuswara: Ethnic Fusion

Today you will see me in a different Avatar- one which I've grown fond of.

My colleagues know my love for comfort-wear that usually can be seen in the form of a two-piece with beautiful ethnic print. Before you raise your brows, let me tell you I’m talking about these gorgeous ethnic beauties which in India we call’ a suit.

Each suit I own is unique in terms of design, color, material or print. I cannot emphasize enough on the importance of quality of material I choose. That’s the most essential criteria for me when I go to pick one. Then comes the design or color. There are so many colors out there that would look good on an individual. Yet, if you pick the same in a different design or print and match it with a distinctive legging; then the entire attire looks exceptional.
Now, all of the above attributes might be difficult to pay attention to; online. You are unsure of the color, can’t really judge the material from magnification of the image and let’s not even talk about the fit! But let me tell you one thing, if you like something in one blink: whether it’s at a mall or online, all the judgment fails and you convince yourself that you will get it altered or live with it even if the color is slightly different than expected.

Well, you wouldn’t have to go to that level of convincing, as there are certain e-commerce portals that go out of their way to build their collection to suit the Indian sensibilities. That’s what Craftsvilla  did for me. I loved at least 6-7 pieces that I wanted to have in my wardrobe. Let me tell you, when I go out for shopping; that number is reduce to one third mostly! Look at their collection and you would know what I mean.
When the collection, Anuswara launched in Mumbai this April, the guests were satisfied with what they saw. The in-house brand of Craftsvilla boasts of designs in Kalamkari Tales, Ikat Illustrations, print-on-print and so much more for Kurti. The collection is inspired by handloom industry in India and the whole creation takes us back to our roots with its contemporary nature.

Here are my top 5 picks & trends from the brand:

Kalamkari crop top
This one is my personal favorite. Nothing speaks India proudly than block-print depicting India’s mythology & other classics. Wear it with mustard, red or black wide-legged pants and copper bracelet for added effect.


Color block kurtis
This trend (later fashion) doesn’t seem to go. It began in 1946 with Yves St. Laurent and has now found its place in ethnic fashion as well. Pair it with neutrals & carry matching tote with it.


Solid candy colors
I for one, love bright colors. The more challenging they are to wear, the more I love pairing them. I sometimes color-block them or just go with neutrals & color-block with accessories. Wear a bright choker piece to go with it or even silver danglers for a Boho look.


Kurtis with Jacket
Generally, women wear a white kurti and a colorful jacket to go with it. But, times are changing and solid-on-solid is another trend we need to keep up with. It's better this way! Change your taste, mix & match, throw in some elegant earrings and you're set!



Indigo print
I've practically seen brands launch their collection with this fine color. The print-on-print mix is so pleasing to wear with this color that I've bought one for myself this weekend! Wear a white legging to go with it.



and here's me in one of their beautiful collection piece.

 

 
 
 
 

Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
xoxo
Akanksha

11 comments :

  1. Amazing pics!!
    love your blog!♥

    http://sapirgoldman.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous!
    Great dress :3. I love your hair ♥♥♥
    kiss :*
    http://stylowana100latka.blogspot.com/2017/06/to-twoja-wina.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Amazing collection of Punjabi Style Suits .Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those ethnic collections are wonderful. I have brought some beautiful ethnic wear for my wife from indiebohoboutique. They too have beautiful ethnic collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are gorgeous! That pink piece is fabulous on you. Kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a very nice collection of the ethnic wears.
    Parivarceremony

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice collection of salwar suits as they look really nice it really look stunning and must be in wardrobe of every girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting styles and these are trendy too. Thanks for sharing the post. Also check out latest collection of kurtis and tunics at vasansi.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I really appreciate it, Akanksha :)
Let me know if you follow me on any of the pages or my blog. I'd love to follow you back there too :)
FACEBOOK ~ TWITTER ~ BLOGLOVIN