October 14, 2017

White with sea pastels

I've always believed in the saying, 'Age is just a number'

Don't know who said that but I guess they were talking about me. Always young at heart and never boring. That's 100% unfiltered me; given that I'm comfortable around you.

Today I am going to talk about a topic which is slightly uncomfortable to talk about and definitely weird to follow- exposure. No, not talking about exposure to a disease, sunlight or career. I'm talking about physical exposure (or exposing). These loosely placed letters, make way for an even loose concept wherein 'femininity' would soar up in this post (not by me but by others reading it). 

I am all about wearing what you want, speaking your mind, eating puffy breads and cheesy onions. But, when it comes to doing all those things for myself, I have a thing or two to say about it. Now those women and men who cannot keep an open-mind or have to pass an opinion about everything, please refrain from reading the post. You can share your opinions among yourselves but if you have something very genuine and strong comment then go ahead and comment below.

I've been born and brought up in Delhi and completed my masters in Mumbai so that's 20 odd years vs 2 years. But the 2 'adult' years should definitely account for more matured thinking and better perspective, right?

I will not begin the Delhi vs Mumbai debate here (although we know who would win).
I will talk about the kind of outfits the two women wear in these cities. Now these women could have been born in respective cities or switched locations.

Anybody from outside of Delhi, who visits it, has two things to say about Delhi women- hot/beautiful with a loud dressing sense. This is a general picture and does not talk about every Delhi woman but yes, this is somewhat true. We love to wear bold colors, makeup and jewelry. It sometimes looks funny and we could use a class or two.

Now, about Mumbai..
When I was waiting, with my friends, for my cab at the Mumbai airport, I saw a girl wearing a black printed blouse. She had her back against us so we couldn't see her face but we could tell she must be really pretty, for her dressing sense and great shoes. My friends would agree with this. Now, let me tell you, none of my friends present there were Mumbaikars.

Anyway, when she turned walked towards us, we were stunned at the sight! That printed blouse was suddenly lacking any print in the front and was, well, see-through!
She had the decency to wear at least a black lingerie but the point is far from the color-coordination she kept in mind.

Now, I don't know about other girls or women who decide to wear red lingerie underneath a white top, or even purple bra-straps with a yellow tube top. Hey! I'm not judging. But could you at least tell us what are you trying to say?

Yes! Your outfit can say a lot about your personality. So is it, that you are color-blind or maybe you were suddenly inspired by a mandarin duck? These women, are well-spoken, seem intelligent, and on occasions, also look nearly perfect.

But, all I want to say, a bralette is a bra and so is a balconette and whatever is sold online today! Sorry for the bizarre topic and unsolicited advice, but it physically hurts to see such striking combination of colors and visible bra straps hanging callously from gorgeous blouses and dresses.
White for white, black for white. 

Wear what you like but know what looks good at public spaces on roads and what is meant for beaches :)

Would love to read the suppressed hate comments and genuine remarks about my thoughts. 
 
Now about my gorgeous skirt from zaful. This skirt, is a perfect fit for any beach party. The calm of the blue was so pleasing to my eyes that I had to get this one. I decided to pair it with the classic white shirt and threw in my favorite tassel mint stole.
Just to give it a Sonam Kapoor spec(y) look, I tied my hair in a messy fish-tail braid and these black-framed cat-eyed clear glasses.

 










 

 



WEARING:
Skirt: Zaful (more colors available), T shirt: HM, Stole: Alia, Specs & bracelet: Zaful, Flats: Clarks

xoxo
Akanksha

18 comments :

  1. Amazing and so lovely post, dear! Great photos, like them so much!

    New post is on my blog! Visit me, Maleficent

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfit! quite fresh isn´t it? :)
    Thanks for your lovely comment dear!
    I will follow your google plus by the way.

    xx
    www.trendsandfashionblog.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! I really like your hair. :)
    I follow you on gfc and g+. Hope you will follow back.

    Check out my new post: Shoot for the stars

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt is beautiful! you look amazing!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: BLUE ALERT: PFW BEST LOOKS WITH BLUE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty aqua-colors, dear!
    I follow you now on Google+ and Blogger, hope you'll follow back!
    XOX Traude
    http://rostrose.blogspot.co.at/2017/10/anl-22-ubers-sinnvolle-und-nachhaltige.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interisting outfit. I like the color ... kisses

    Follow for follow? <3

    http://www.ioannesstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great. This color is just beautiful
    Petons

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfit! That is a beautiful skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit dear, skirt is great ! :-) xoxo

    VISIT MY BLOG PEOPLE :
    http://katycolorfulfreak.blogspot.com/2017/10/dress-to-impress.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing dear and you look so youthful. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the outfit!
    Bisous

    http://gallech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, your outfit is beautiful and you look lovely. Great post and photos. Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely outfit, dear! I am now following you on G+, hope you will follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your outfit dear! Your skirt is so cute!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely scarf!

    My new blog...
    https://dinamighty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi dear! Thank you so much for your comment back :)
    Yeah I will follow you on google plus, don´t forget to follow mew back!

    xoxo
    www.trendsandfashionblog.pt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely post. You're so beautiful and the scarf really looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I really appreciate it, Akanksha :)
Let me know if you follow me on any of the pages or my blog. I'd love to follow you back there too :)
FACEBOOK ~ TWITTER ~ BLOGLOVIN