December 5, 2017

5 Virtues to Live a Healthy life + Blue Stripes Bow Top

Hey guys

I'm so psyched to share this post with you. I've been meaning to write something wonderful and it just occurred to me, the best thing to do for someone is to inspire them. So, here I am. Will try to inspire you :)

Also, this blue striped bow top came in the other day. Hands down, the best cotton top I've ever worn. I cannot possibly tell you, the number of head turns I got after I worn it to the mall. Not exaggerating even a bit here.

The bell sleeves of this top are just like McDreamy (watching a lot of Grey's Anatomy lately). You must be wondering how I can wear it underneath a jacket (since it's cold here in Delhi). I just try to hold the sleeves straight, till I get the jacket on. You might want to wear a slip under it since it's a little translucent.

You don't need to make a bow out of it, you just need to tie the two ends together and the bow kind of creates on its own.

Inserting the thread/cotton bow through the hole in the top, was tricky. There is just one hole in the center and one thread. I just didn't get how on earth I could create a bow with one hole. Then it just hit me; I don't! You don't need to make a bow out of it, you just need to tie the two ends together and the bow kind of creates on its own. Isn't that deep (thoughts) and great?

About the bag- Ever since I lost this brown leather bag to water, I've been in search for a pretty simple yet elegant one. It has literally been over an year and I haven't found (till now), an inexpensive brown leather bag, that meets my criterion. I clicked on the bags section of Zaful's website and there it was- brown, shiny, with its little babies - card holder, wallet, and a sling. Wished for one patiently and found a whole new world of opportunities (I'm high).

The shoulder bag has a zipper at the top so that's a relief. I just don't like bags that have a snap fastener instead of a zipper. We have things to keep- kajal, lip balm, keys, wallets, phone, HAIR CLIPS, etc. We don't want to lose any more hair clips!

I'm ever so grateful to Zaful, for having such an amazing collection and discounts all the time.

Without further ado, here are the 5 best virtues according to me, to live a healthy life:

1) Kindness: Cannot say this enough. No one can. If you end up helping someone or not, being kind will only make you feel lighter. Try it just once a day on a full stomach. Show me the reports after 10 days.

2) Patience: I lack this big time but the few times that I've been patient before I make a big decision, I've thanked the time and myself for it. Good things take time and that's why I have this tattoo after it.

3) Perseverance: I lack in this area too. The first time, I actually heard someone say this word was (heard a lot of times before but didn't pay attention until now) when Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl was giving a toast at his father's wedding. Remember, anyone? When you have an urge to give up or you are afraid, it means you are dealing with something important. Otherwise you be having a bad feeling instead.

4) Love: I have come to realize that my sole purpose in life is to love things and people. I love each day, I look forward to things I make-up so that I am happy about that particular day, I even love someone to (x times + 1) because I am a hopeless person who doesn't leave hoping for more love. But, it has always made me happy. Living each day, loving each day, loving to take care of myself and people I love; has always made me happy. So it is one of the most important virtues to be doing while you live.

5) Honesty: If you are not honest with yourself first, why are even reading this point? Please skip to the pictures below if you hesitate at this point. Live for your integrity, respect, and principles, before anything else. Be true to yourself.
















 

WEARING:
Top: Zaful here, Handbag: Zaful here, Pants: Forever21, Boots: Rosewholesale, Watch: Aliexpress

Do you agree with my 5 virtues for a healthy life? No? Comment below 

Hopefully my next post would be that post which I was talking about on one of my Instagram posts.

17 comments :

  1. These are so important indeed, many don't seem to go by them anymore :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thanks for the wonderful comment on my blog, I'm following you! :) I like your blog too, and your style. This post is great and you look stunning! :)

    http://chiccappuccino.blogspot.rs

    Kisses from Serbia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look!! The top looks amazing!!

    http://asweetwoorld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing outfit dear! Love the shirt!
    Have a great weekend! xoxo
    Vesna - Home Chic Club

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your top:) perfect outfit:)
    kisses

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly inspiring post! Love the outfit. :)

    Visit me at:
    Shoot for the stars

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so classy. Love the bag! Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome =)

    Great and informative post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all so true!! Great post! And I love this outfit - your top is fabulous!

    Hope you're having a wonderful week!


    ~Lindsey
    https://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Akanksha,
    your top with the bellies is very chic and special - no wonder they are looking after you! Jackets that also have wide sleeves - or ponchos - are best for such tops ;-))
    Your recipes for a healthy and happy life are wise!
    By the way: You asked me for a recipe of my Indian kitchen creations. The problem is, I rarely cook with a recipe. That's why I wrote "Some kind of indian food" ... It's NOT REALLY Indian, I think ... but Europeanized or "World Cuisine" ... We brought some spices from India - turmeric , Cardamom, coriander, a mix for Curry ... We bought ginger and chili HERE - and cook with it above all "Free-style" ;-) Do you eat meat or are you vegetarian? We also eat meat and fish and shrimp, and when we spice them (and vegetables too) with Indian spices, we think back to our travels. So I can offer you just ONE recipe - it is "a kind of Dhal", you can find it here: http://rostrose.blogspot.co.at/2016/05/rezept-rote-linsen-kokos-suppe-plus .html - may be you like it...
    Hugs and best wishes, Traude
    http://rostrose.blogspot.co.at/2017/12/island-kreuzfahrt-teil-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos!

    http://gallech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I really appreciate it, Akanksha :)
Let me know if you follow me on any of the pages or my blog. I'd love to follow you back there too :)
FACEBOOK ~ TWITTER ~ BLOGLOVIN