November 6, 2017

Blue Stripes Dress: Zaful

Hello people

I'm back with a sunny post for you guys. Right before taking these pictures, my mom brought this pretty sunflower home. I was like, let's use it as a prop and brighten up my pictures :)

I had many apprehensions before wearing this dress. My parents told me, it looks like a teen's dress while my brother said, I look like the kid in the dress! I was so in love with the dress that I decided to wear it anyway. This blue stripes cotton dress from Zaful was so pretty and I requested them to send it as early as possible. When it arrived, first of all, it was exactly as it was in the pictures. Second of all, the cute cotton belt was really giving me ideas right and left on ways to tie it.

 Agreed, I looked a bit younger than I already look for my age. But, once I tied the belt at the back; things changed. Take a look at the 6th picture. Would wear it again for a winter look. With white leggings and an overcoat? How you would wear it? Let me know in the comments below.






 


 




 



WEARING:
Dress: Zaful, Pumps: Chic Factor, Necklace: Chicnova

Here are 5 tips on wearing cotton dresses:

1) At the beach- The perfect place to wear them if you don't plan to go near the water with the dress on! Wear it with those cute platform flip-flops, a loud cotton tote-bag (picture below- an old one), and sunglasses/hat. If your dress is solid colored then you can also tie a colorful scarf around.

http://fictitious-fashion.blogspot.in/2011/10/block-it.html


2) Party- Yes! Break the rules and live a little. If you feel extremely comfortable in cotton dresses (like me? Please drop me a mail & Hi5) then by all means go ahead and wear them. But be a little dramatic and wear a classic burgundy, brown, and the likes, lip shade. If it's a little cooler outside then it's a perfect way to add a leather jacket on it. If not, let your hair down, do some awesome make-up, carry a nice hot colored clutch and rock it.



3) 80s Fashion- As I said above, I would wear it with white leggings and throw in a ribbon over my head and turn it into a bow. I'd probably want to wear soft curls on my hair. If you're feeling a little more Yale (read Blair- Gossip Girl) then a white lace jacket and some pearls would look really neat.



4) Fusion- You know what would be really innovative? Wearing a crop top or a nice top over your cotton dress. Some nice sneakers and a backpack (optional), you're so owning this look.



5) Prop it- If you have a belt like mine then I already told you two ways to wear it. There's one more way to do it which I've never tried but would love to see if anyone has. If there's any chance to hide those belts by folding and pinning it, do that. Add another belt, maybe a metallic one. You can also leave the belt as is and wear a grey cardigan over it.
If belt is not the issue with your dress then I strongly recommend wearing a great belt and experimenting with its placement- empire, mid or low. I love wearing bandanas and still wear them (sometimes for work).



I hope you enjoyed the post. Check out my previous post if you missed reading my Mumbai rants and another cotton dress I wore. This time it was sequined, printed and maxi!

P.S. Next time, a special post would come. If everything is ready, then watch out for my next post :)

Until next time
xoxo
Akanksha

20 comments :

  1. perfect shoes dear! :) and the whole outfit is nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing dress, it look wonderful on you! Like these shoese so much, too!
    Great photos, so nice review.

    New post is on my blog! Visit me, Maleficent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing dress it looks beautiful on you<3 Follow you!!
    http://blondshion.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing dress it looks beautiful on you<3 Follow you!!
    http://blondshion.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dress it is so beautiful!
    bisous

    http://gallech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic post, dear! You look amazing!
    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dress and heels:) You look fantastic:)
    kisses

    https://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes really lovely products, I love them =)

    Great post, this dress is pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful outfit and the dress is so cute!!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing look dear, love your shoes ! :-) xx

    NEW POST ON MY BLOG :
    http://katycolorfulfreak.blogspot.com/2017/11/kimono.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress looks amazing on you! I LOVE those shoes too! And great idea to use the flower as a prop - it's perfect. :)

    ~Lindsey
    https://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look gorgeous .... and your shoes are amazing

    P.S. I am your new follower #1345:) Would you like to follow me back on Google+ and GFC
    Have a nice day

    Glamorous without the Guilt

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a very sweet dress, dear Akanksha! And pretty shoes - but I couldn't go ten meters with them ;-))
    You asked me, how Jaipur was. Here you can see my travel-report vom 2011: http://rostrose.blogspot.co.at/search?q=jaipur (two posts) Perhaps you can see that I was always smiling there - I loved our India-journey very much. At that time, I even wrote the text bilingually - which means that you can also read it in English. We have been in Delhi, too - but only for a short time. You can see it in the second part of this post: http://rostrose.blogspot.co.at/search?q=delhi
    Lots of hugs,
    Traude
    http://rostrose.blogspot.co.at/2017/11/1-sommerkleid-viele-herbstlooks-und.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I really appreciate it, Akanksha :)
Let me know if you follow me on any of the pages or my blog. I'd love to follow you back there too :)
FACEBOOK ~ TWITTER ~ BLOGLOVIN